Some people have dry skin which looks flaky, red and sore. Lots of investment on skin product is made to cure dry skin but is it really enough to deal with the problems concerned with the skin type? No, it isn’t. Just buying suitable products is not enough. It is necessary to follow a proper skin care routine in order to maintain the charm of your skin and keep it healthy. In order to help your dry skin from inside and out, you should develop a daily dry skin care routine.
Skin care routine for dry skin has been divided into 3 simple parts:
- Morning Ritual
- Through the day
- Before hitting bed
- Give your face a quick splash of fresh, lukewarm or warm water. This will freshen you up. Washing face with cold water is not recommended as it constricts the pores.
- Use a cleanser which is specialized for dry skin, massage it on your wet face for a minute. Rinse off with warm water
- Now comes toning. Use a good toner.
- Then moisturize. Apply a very thin layer of moisturizer and massage it in circular motion.
- Let it seep in for 5 – 10 minutes. Now apply your day cream or sunscreen if you are going to step out in sun. Use apt cream or lotions which are good for normal to dry skin. It will keep your skin protected from sun and hydrated throughout the day.
- If you wear a foundation, then you may apply a very thin layer of it after applying your day cream. Mineral foundation is recommended for dry skin. You can also use a concealer or highlighter if required.
During the Day
- During the first morning break or coffee break, just walk to the wash room and apply a very thin layer of moisturizer which you used during the morning.
- Apply a good lip balm, gloss or lipstick. It would be best if you apply yourfavorite lipstick or lip gloss, after applying a very thin layer of lip balm.
- Always carry a water bottle and keep on sipping water from time to time. This will naturally keep your skin hydrated.
- Eat a healthy lunch. Try including vegetable soups, fruits, or yogurt in your lunch. Water based veggies and fruits are recommended.
- After lunch, using a wet tissue, pat off the dirt and sweat and again apply a thin layer of moisturizer or sunscreen.
- During the rest of the day, drink loads of water.
Before Hitting the Bed
- Try getting a healthy supper for yourself. A glass of milk with strawberries is highly recommended.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water. Don’t rub, just splash water on your face
- Use a good dry skin makeup remover to clean your face.
- Cleansing is your next step.
- Now apply a thick creamy moisturizer or a good rich night cream. This will nourish your skin while you sleep, making your skin more smooth and supple.
- Finally, keep a water bottle near your bed and in your reach. Sip water every time you wake up during the night.