More and more beauty products are hitting the market promising all sorts of acne-curing, wrinkle-reducing and glow-giving powers. But there’s one product that’s been around for a long time but has recently made a comeback: toner
What is toner?
A toner is a skin care product, mostly water based, that’s meant to shrink the appearance of large pores and further cleanse the skin, picking up any makeup or debris that may have been left behind.
Toners were initially designed to help repair pH balance of the skin, because old styles of cleansing with bar soaps and harsh cleansers disrupted that balance, leaving skin more vulnerable to bacteria and other microorganisms. Many cleansers still alter the skin’s pH balance. Disrupting pH could lead to swelling, dryness, and accelerated aging.
If you wash your face with a balanced, organic cleanser, your toner might not need the pH-balancing properties of toners. Different toners have slightly different benefits and some ingredients can actually be bad for skin. So it all depends on your skin type and the toner that you use.
What Does Toner Do?
Choose your toner carefully, and you’ll have a hard-working product that will do the following:
- Complete cleansing. Toners double cleanse the skin . A toner helps sweep away impurities, leaving pores clean and less noticeable, and protecting skin.
- Minimize the appearance of large pores. Most toners contain a cleansing ingredient, which helps to diminish the appearance of pores, resulting in smoother skin. It’s important to be cautious in which one you choose. What you need is an ingredient that minimizes the look of pores without drying.
- Some toners contain hydrating ingredients, which are important immediately after cleansing as it sets the stage for moisturization. The moisturizer will infiltrate skin much more effectively if it’s hydrated. If skin is dry and tight after cleansing, you will not get all the benefits from your moisturizer.
- Helps with Oily Skin. If you have oily skin, you would want to add a toner in your skin care recipe as it is going to help you keep your skin clean and your pores unclogged. The trick is to use toners with ingredients like salicylic acid as it helps in removing dead cells and prevents bacteria.
- Protect. Your skin has to “face” a lot of assaults during the day such as exposure to the Sun, dirt and dust. A quality toner will include antioxidants that help.
Our Toning Solutions for you
Think all that is too much to expect from your toner? It’s not. In fact, we have a toner that performs all steps for you:
Acnes Soothing Toner
Acnes Soothing Toner controls the excess oil production as well as cures the pimples efficiently. The use of Acnes Soothing Toner tightens the pores, cleans and softens the skin which results in glowing skin.
- Salicylic Acid: Removes dead cells and prevents from Bacteria
- Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate: Controls oil production, tightens the pores and softens the skin
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Reduces swelling of the skin and hydrates the skin
steps to use a facial toner
Step 1: Wash your face with Acnes Creamy Wash to wash away the dirt and impurities.
Step 2: Pour two to three drops of Acnes Soothing Toner onto a cotton pad—this works best because it doesn’t absorb too much of the liquid and easily transfers product to your face.
Step 3: Apply Acnes Sealing Gel on a pimple or a breakout. Do not wash your face after its application.